|Arthritis is a debilitating problem which many people face. It generally comes with aging, but certain forms of arthritis are common even among young people. Arthritis happens when the pressure absorbing cartilages at a joint (i.e. meeting point of two bones) break down, exposing bones to friction. Continuous friction between bones inflames the joint and causes much pain. Pain thus is the primary symptom of arthritis. The other symptoms include joint stiffness, swelling, joint deformity, heat, tenderness and redness of skin around a joint and limited range of motion. The possible arthritis triggers are:
1. Natural aging process
3. Nervous tissue disorder
4. Hormonal changes
7. Boner fracture
8. Bone infection
9. Heavy lifting jobs
10. Faulty metabolism
11. Misdirected immune system
12. Joint surgery
Over-powering pain due to arthritis can make you almost invalid. You may find it extremely difficult to attend to daily chores. Here we will learn some measures to get relief from arthritis pain.
Ways to get relief from arthritis pain:
1. Take breaks between work or else you will overuse the joint and aggravate pain.
2. Do not stay in one particular position for long. Make it a habit to change position every half an hour.
3. Avoid strenuous high impact, acts like running, jumping, climbing and acrobatic movements. Instead go for low impact exercises like walking or cycling.
4. Apply heat packs or cold packs on the joint to get relief from arthritis joint pain.
5. Soaking in warm water will ease arthritis pain.
6. Massage capsaicin creams, menthol creams or herbal anti inflammatory oils such as Rumatone gold oil or Rumoxil oil on aching joints to get long lasting relief.
7. Massage eucalyptus or juniper oil on joints to get rid of joint pain.
8. Massage hot paraffin on painful joints. This is a great curative measure.
9. Soak the aching joint in warm Epsom salt water to get relief.
10. Sip a combination of orange juice and cod liver oil or cranberry and lemon juice from time to time. This relieves arthritis pain.
11. Apply garlic paste or sandalwood paste on joints to free your self from joint pain.
12. Application of hot vinegar also alleviates arthritis joint pain.
13. Take medicines like acetaminophen, aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen etc if the arthritis joint pain blows out of proportion.
14. Opt for acupuncture treatments as a means for pain relief.
15. Do not smoke as it heightens stress on connective tissues, worsening pain.
16. Include cherries, berries, yoghurt, flaxseeds and oily fishes in diet. They are great pain relievers
Read about Herbal Treatment for Arthritis at http://www.ayurvedresearchfoundation.com/herbal-treatment-for-arthritis.htm Also know Herbal Treatment for Joint Pain Stiffness at http://www.ayurvedresearchfoundation.com/herbal-treatment-for-joint-pain.htm Read effective Herbal Arthritis Joint Pain Relief Oil at http://www.ayurvedresearchfoundation.com/joint-pain-relief-oil.htm
Article Source: ActuaFreeArticles.com