|Blemishes on the face may be caused by the acne breakouts a person experiences. Taking care of the skin is important to avoid such conditions. Herbal remedies for acne and blemishes are also available to get rid of those marks. There are creams and ointments available in the market too, but herbal treatments are safe and effective since they use natural herbs for cure. Acne and blemishes may be as a result of some bacterial infection or oily skin or due to your hormone levels.
Herbal remedies for acne and blemishes use natural ingredients like neem, turmeric, sandalwood, etc for treating the condition. There are no side effects and these ingredients also help in improving the overall health of the skin. Along with following these remedies it is important to maintain a healthy diet and drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins from your body. Some of the herbal remedies for acne and blemishes are as follows:
1. Neem: This has been used to treat various kinds of skin conditions since ages. The neem leaves can be crushed and applied to the affected area on face or neem powder may be used. Mix a teaspoon of neem powder with a pinch of turmeric and few drops of neem oil. Apply this paste on the face and then wash. Neem has medicinal properties and is one of the effective herbal remedies for acne and blemishes.
2. Sandalwood: Mix sandalwood powder with neem oil, honey and a pinch of turmeric and apply this on the face. Leave it on for a while and the rinse the face. It makes the face smooth and skin tone.
3. Mint leaves: Take fresh mint leaves and crush it. Mix these leaves with coriander leaves, little water and turmeric powder and make a paste. Apply this paste on the face and wait till it dries off. This paste aids in reducing acne and blemishes.
4. Fenugreek Powder: Make a paste with fenugreek powder, honey and water. Apply this on the face and leave it on for some time before washing it off. This helps in reducing the pores. This is also one of the good home remedies for acne and blemishes.
5. Tea Tree Oil: Use a cotton swab to dab a little tea tree oil on the acne. This is common acne and blemishes remedy.
6. Radish Seeds: Make a paste of radish seeds with water and grind. Apply this paste.
7. Herbal tea: Make a herbal tea with burdock, blue flag, Echinacea and yellow dock herbs. Drink this regularly. One can add little honey for a better taste.
8. Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric to your face packs. Turmeric has anti bacterial properties and is very beneficial. It is used in many herbal remedies for acne and blemishes.
9. Herbal Steam: Add herbs like lavender, calendula and chamomile in your facial steam. If your skin is oily, you can use herbs like sage, rosemary and witch hazel.
10. Herbal Supplements: Last but most important herbal remedy for acne and blemishes is herbal supplements.
These are effective herbal remedies for acne and blemishes which have been used for long.
Read more about Natural Acne Treatment at http://www.naturalhealth-supplements.com/acne-treatment.htm Also know Home Remedies for Acne Scars at http://www.allayurvedicremedies.com/remedies/acne-scars.htm Also read about Best Acne Skin Treatment at http://www.naturalhealth-supplements.com/products/best-acne-skin-treatment.htm
Article Source: ActuaFreeArticles.com