|Some people have oily skin, some have dry skin and some have a combination skin. Dry skin is a condition caused when the oil glands present in our body produce lesser oil which keeps the skin supple and soft. When the skin is dry it feels tight and uncomfortable. You feel itchy which makes it only worse. Dry skin is a common skin issue. If your skin is not healthy, it cannot fight against infection and thus such conditions of dry skin arise.
It can due to genetic reasons or weather also. Skin can get dry in the winter season when the humidity in the air is less. Hard water can also cause dry skin for some people. Harsh chemicals like detergent or soaps cause the skin to get dry and rough. Intake of unhealthy food can be a cause too. As we get older our skin loses its moisture and gets dry.
It can bring in the wrinkles faster. Dryness causes cracks and makes the skin look rough and unpleasant. Extreme dryness conditions can lead to eczema or psoriasis. That can be cured by using creams and medicines. But these can be strong chemicals. Eczema can keep reoccurring. Skin needs to be kept moist and healthy. Some ways of doing that without using chemicals is by using natural things which are found at home easily.
Some of the home remedies are given below -
1. Water: Water is very important for keeping the skin hydrated. If the skin is kept hydrated, it will remain moist.
2. Honey: Honey can be applied to the dry affected area regularly.
3. Aloe vera: Aloe vera is very useful for all skin conditions. Aloe vera gel can be taken out of the leaf and applied directly on the skin regularly.
4. Almond Oil: Few drops of almond oil can be massaged onto the dry spot. It is beneficial. It will eventually keep the skin moisturized.
5. Cream: The cream obtained from milk can be applied to dry skin. Cream will make the dry area supple and soft.
6. Avocado: Avocado oil or avocado paste can be massaged on the affected area.
7. Cucumber: Cucumber juice can be rubbed on the dry skin. It is very refreshing for the skin too.
8. Banana: Banana can be mashed and used.
9. Apple: Apple can be grated and put on the dry skin. Leave it on for some time and then wash the area.
10. Fish: Eating fish is healthy since it contains omega fatty acids.
Do not rub your dry skin vigorously. Pat dry gently. Protect your skin from over exposure to the sun. Eat fresh fruits and avoid alcohol and caffeine. Use lukewarm water and not hot water for bathing and washing. Try to use natural products and not which are strong in their chemical content. Try to use mild soaps. Drink lots of water so that the body can flush out the toxins. Exercise to increase the blood circulation. Sleep well and use some moisturizer at night. You can also try herbal supplements golden glow capsules.
Read more Home Remedies for Dry Skin at http://www.home-remedies-guide.com/dry-skin.htm Also know effective Home Remedies for Yeast Infection at http://www.home-remedies-guide.com/yeast-infection.htm Read useful Home Remedies for Wrinkles at http://www.home-remedies-guide.com/wrinkles.htm
Article Source: ActuaFreeArticles.com