|Your baby will be spending most of their early life in their nursery, so you must protect your baby by making your nursery as safe as possible. One vital area of safety is with windows. Open windows, poorly structured windows – it\\\'s things like these that prove a grave threat to your baby. Take these precautions to make sure that they are as safe as possible in their little haven.
1. Keep drapery and blind cords far away from the baby\\\'s crib or changing table – anywhere that they stay for a period of time. A baby can either choke on the cord or strangle themselves with the cord. Cut the string so that it hangs down instead of loops, and tie the strings with a rubber band. If it still proves to be a significant problem, then opt for window treatment without cords at all.
2. Never place a crib or baby\\\'s play area to a window. Even if you\\\'re pretty sure the baby can\\\'t open the window, babies are pretty wily and resourceful creatures, and it is better to be on the safe and cautious side.
3. Invest in some window locks. Some of these fit very tightly or screw on, and it\\\'s more difficult for a baby to open than the typical window latch in most houses. If you have a window that slides, then you must put a sliding lock on it. These are available at most hardware stores.
4. Window gates are similar to the door gates, and a good window gate is helpful for toddler safety as well. A toddler has more mobility and dexterity, and a lot of the window gate locks address this problem.
5. Another safety problem is window collision, where a child can hit a window and possibly go through it. You can install safety glass or put a layer of safety film on all low-level windows. Toddlers should always be supervised when playing near windows.
Most of these items can be found at a local hardware store or a mega-store like Target and Wal-Mart. Do not spare any expense when getting items to make your windows safer. Your child\\\'s life is at stake – would you really want to take any risk? Make window safety a priority.
About The Author:-
Priya Nava is an expert Author at Jack and Jill Boutique who likes to write articles on several topics like Baby Bedding for Girls, Unique Baby Bedding, Toddler Bedding Sets For Boys, Personalized Baby Gifts, Nursery Bedding Sets etc. For more information visit our website:- http://www.jackandjillboutique.com/
Article Source: ActuaFreeArticles.com