|This article emphasizes on the 10 effective ways to alleviate arthritis joint pain and inflammation.
1. If one notices symptoms of arthritis in one's body, it is always advisable to see a doctor and take his suggestions. Medications prescribed by doctors can suppress arthritis joint pain. Pain killers or analgesics like aspirin, naproxen, acetaminophen, and ibuprofen are commonly used to relieve pain. Narcotic pain relievers like oxycodone, codeine, propoxyphene etc are also taken; but one should not depend much on narcotic pain relievers as they are habit forming. Diseases modifying anti-rheumatic drugs or DMARDs like etanercept, anakinra, abatacept, infliximab etc are also taken by patients. These drugs improve the body’s response to any disease. Gold injection, methotrexate injection, kenalog injection and cortisone injection can also give relief.
2. Maintain proper posture, changing position frequently while lying or sitting, keeping the affected joint on an elevated position to drain out fluids, doing light physical exercises like walking, swimming, and avoiding high impact strenuous exercises can help to control joint pain. Avoid repetitive movements, running or jumping because these would cause further damage to worn out joints. Often arthritis patients are asked to go for sea swimming or sea bath as a remedy for pain. The iodine rich sea water acts as a pain relieving agent.
3. Controlling body weight through dieting and exercises is a necessity for pain control. Sedentary lifestyle is to be avoided. Patients should always keep themselves active but remember also to never over work a joint. This may worsen painful condition
4. Massaging is a way to relieve pain. But it should be done through gentle strokes and kneading. Aggressive massaging can cause further damage to worn out joints, by damaging the vulnerable tissues around the joint. Hot vinegar, paraffin, castor oil, a mixture of olive oil and kerosene, camphorated mustard oil, heated olive oil, rumatone gold herbal massage oil, and even essential oils like eucalyptus, lavender etc can be used for massaging aching joints.
5. Hot and cold compresses if applied alternately on aching joints can give some relief.
6. Giving a warm water bath to the affected joint by mixing Epsom salt with the bath water is a pain relieving technique.
7. Rubbing garlic cloves on aching joints and using turmeric paste or roasted sesame seed pack as poultice may also reduce the pain.
8. Rubbing ice cubes wrapped in fabric on the joint can help coping with pain.
9. One should also be careful about the diet one is taking. Alkaline diet is recommended for arthritis patient. One should cut down on the consumption of beef, pork, and meat. These items raise the level of gout causing uric acid in the body. Fresh fruits, vegetables, salads and oily fishes like salmon, herring, tuna, and sardines should be included in diet. Omega3 fatty acids contained in oily fishes is very beneficial for treating arthritis pain. Joint inflammation can be checked by avoiding intake of alcohol and caffeine.
10. If the joint pain becomes too debilitating, the patient may also take recourse to joint replacement surgery.
Find how Arthritis Supplement helps to reduce inflammation and pain at http://www.naturalhealth-supplements.com/arthritis-pain-treatment.htm Know about Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain Relief Supplements at http://www.home-remedies-guide.com/rheumatoid-arthritis-pain-relief.htm Read information about Arthritis Natural Treatment at http://www.naturalhealth-supplements.com/arthritis-natural-treatment.htm
Article Source: ActuaFreeArticles.com