|Football is undoubtedly one of the most popular games in the world with millions of football fans spread around the world. Whenever there is a football match, people flock the stadiums in large numbers and if they can’t go there due to some reason they remain hooked up all day to televisions or internet to get the live football score and updates on their favourite football teams. The game is very exciting and takes the fans on a virtual roller-coaster ride. The entire 90 minutes during the game is filled with fun, frenzy, thrill and excitement, waiting for your favourite player to pull out a wonder goal, or for your keeper to make the save of the season. The world of football is not only exciting on the field but is equally exciting off the field. So, read on to have a sneak peek inside the exciting world of football and football players.
• India withdrew from the World Cup in 1950 because they weren’t allowed to play barefoot.
• In 1973, the entire Galilee team spent the night in jail for kicking their opponents during an Israeli League game.
• In 1957, the Salisbury and District FA of Rhodesia officially approved the payment of £10 to hire a witch doctor. Salisbury had lost every match the previous season.
• In 1998, the Macclesfield mascot, Roary the Lion, was sent-off for making obscene gestures during a players’ brawl in the match with Lincoln City.
• Spanish goalkeeper Santiago Canizares missed the 2002 World Cup as he dropped a bottle of cologne on his foot, severing a tendon. He had to miss the tournament.
• Tottenham’s Allan Nielsen had to sit out of the club when his new born baby poked him in the eye.
• Argentinean goalkeeper Sergio Goycochea urinated on the pitch when there was penality in the semi-final of the 1990 World Cup in Italy. From then on he urinated every time there was a penalty.
• The Sampdoria team and 200 players walked 20 miles to a mountain sanctuary near Genoa in 1969 to thank the Madonna for helping them stave off relegation.
• France captain Laurent Blanc kissed the bald head of Fabian Barthez before each match of the 1998 World Cup.
• In 1978 a Tanzanian match was interrupted when the referee was arrested on the pitch for smoking marijuana before the kick-off
These were some astonishing facts from the world of football news, brought to you exclusively by Sportsbox360.com. For more information and news from the amazing world of sports log in to- http://www.sportsbox360.com/
Sportsbox360 is updated all day, every day, with buzzing recent football news, latest FIFA rankings, la liga fixtures and standing and lot more from the world of sports.Sportsbox360 gathers the latest stories from a large number of sources so that you can see all the latest news in one place.
Article Source: ActuaFreeArticles.com