|We all know what dental implants are, sort of. We know that they replace missing teeth, but beyond that we don’t seem to know much at all. Here are 10 interesting facts about Colorado Springs dental implants that truly set them apart from all conventional teeth replacement technologies and methodologies!
1. Exceptionally Strong: Dental implants are fabricated from titanium; the same metal professional tennis racquets and space shuttles are made of.
2. Osseointegration: Dental implants Colorado Springs undergo biological fusion with the jawbone, whereby the bone tissue actually bonds with the surface of the implant. This is termed “osseointegration” and is a unique benefit of titanium metal. It’s also what enables dental implants to remain freestanding in the mouth and offer patients a fixed (non-removable) tooth replacement solution.
3. Tiny Titanium Screws: Dental implants are not visible as teeth themselves. Rather, they are tiny titanium screws used to support a ceramic tooth crown (in the case of single tooth replacement) or a dental prosthesis (in the case of full arch replacement). It’s these latter components that are visible above the gum line as teeth.
4. Long Lasting: Dental implants, if cared for properly, can last several decades without the need for restoration or replacement. Some of the Colorado Springs patients that had their teeth replaced 40 years ago still have their original implants!
5. Strong, Natural Bite Function: Dental implants support a strong bite force that is very close to a natural bite force. This enables patients to eat all the foods they enjoy without struggling or discomfort. As a comparison, traditional removable dentures can only manage a bite force that is 25% of a natural bite. After 15 years, this can decrease to a shocking 3%. The result of this is frequently malnutrition.
6. Healthy Jawbone: Unlike any other tooth replacement technology, dental implants replace both the crown and the root of the missing tooth. This restores the stimulation the underlying bone needs to remain healthy. In the long run, dental implants help to prevent the hard tissue atrophy and resorption that can lead to further tooth loss.
7. Overall Oral Health: By filling in the gap/s left bare by the missing tooth/teeth, dental implants actually help to prevent infection from attacking the exposed tooth socket/s. Because a socket acts as natural traps for bacteria and food debris, filling it in with a replacement tooth goes a long way to preserve overall oral health.
8. Same Day Solutions: Most dental implant procedures – even those designed to give Colorado Springs residents a complete set of new teeth – can be completed in the space of a single day, sometimes even in as little as an hour! Patients can literally walk into the dental office without teeth and out again with new teeth.
9. Fantastic Success Rates: Single tooth replacement procedures using dental implants have a success rate of 98% while total arch replacement has a success rate of 95% over a period of 10 years.
10. Not Painful! According to many Colorado Springs patients’ testimonies, dental implants hurt no more than a straightforward tooth extraction! The use of anesthesia during the procedure eliminates any discomfort, while post-operative pain can easily be managed by over-the-counter analgesic medications, such as Advil or Tylenol. All in all, most patients report hardly experiencing any pain or discomfort at all.
For More information visit the site:- http://www.morganrogersdental.com
Source: ActuaFreeArticles.com - Free articles and fresh content for your web sites opt-in newsletters and e-zines